Maintaining your heating and air conditioning systems properly will mean lower utility bills, as well as limiting repair calls. We hope that the following tips will help you to save money, and prolong the life of your unit.
Changing your filters is one of the most inexpensive ways to save you money while helping to maintain your System. Do not buy expensive filters, the less expensive ones allow the best air flow. Don't forget to check and clean the filters in your home air cleaners and humidifiers.
1) Keep areas around the registers and vents cleaned, and make sure that they are not covered by furniture or other items that may restrict air flow.
2) Listen for odd sounds when your heating and cooling system turns on. If you hear anything unusual, call your Newbern Mechanical your Heating and Air Conditioning Service Professional to have it evaluated before it becomes a serious problem.
3) Having Your System(s) serviced once or twice a year will keep it(them) maintained, and should keep you comfortable all year!
1) Use curtains. During the summer close curtains and shades to reduce air conditioning loss, as well as to keep the heat out.
2) Make the most out of your ceiling fan. In the summer leave it on, especially when there is a lot of activity in your home. Circulating the air will make everyone feel more comfortable. In the winter set your ceiling fan at its slowest speed and reverse it so that the air flows toward the ceiling; this will push the air down from the ceiling without generating a breeze.
3) Use a programmable thermostat. This will save you energy by having it programmed for nights, weekends, and during the day when nobody is at home.
1) Check your Thermostat. (make sure that it is set on Heat or A/C as needed)
2) Check your breakers to see if they may have tripped. If they need resetting more than once you should call us to come out as soon as possible.
3) Make sure that your Emergency switch is on. (Kids and well meaning company, or other workers in your home have cost many a homeowner plenty of money and stress by flipping it off.) This only applies to fuel furnaces and boilers.
4) If your system is iced up please turn it off , we will be able to get it back up and running properly without waitng there for it to defrost.